Badin Historic Museum opened its doors on October 14 1998 in a newly renovated and relocated building. The small wood frame building, now at the corner of Falls Road and Pine Street, originally sat 1 block away at the corner of Falls Road and Maple Street.
The move was an emotional one for many Badinites. Alcoa built the building in 1916 to house their property/rental office. When that office moved to the Commercial Building in 1920 the building became the town’s Kindergarten. After several years enrollment dropped and that school program was discontinued. The building then became a popular meeting place for many community events, including the Red Cross , Home Demonstration Club , school events and private parties.
ALCOA donated the building to the town of Badin with the requirement it be moved off of ALCOA property. Through the support of Better Badin and Volunteers, including Friends of Badin, funds were raised to move the building to its present location. The property is still maintained by the Town of Badin. The museum exhibits are property of Badin Historic Museum.